Defending Against All Sex Crime Charges in Texas State, Federal and Juvenile Court
The penalties you could get if you are convicted of a sex assault charge go far beyond prison; it could mean a lifetime on the sex offender registry and career implications. You need the strongest defense possible, whether you are in Texas state court or a juvenile court hiring a sexual assault lawyer is critical.
Sex Crime Defense Attorney
At the Schneider Law Firm, our criminal defense attorneys will be sure you get that defense. We chase every lead, go to the scene on every “crime,” talk to every witness. We enter every negotiation and every trial prepared to get the best result we can for our clients. If you or someone close to you has been charged with a sex crime, call 817-755-1852 for immediate legal help.
“Sex crime” is an umbrella term for a wide range of sexual offenses. Our sex crimes defense attorneys will handle any case involving minors or adults, including:
- Criminal solicitation of a minor (under 17)
- Improper relationship between an educator and student
- Indecency with a child
- Sale, distribution, or display of harmful material to a minor
- Possession or promotion of child pornography
- Improper photography or visual recording
- Public lewdness
- Sexual assault: This charge may be brought for any sexual activity without the “victim’s” consent, or in cases where and adult has had sex with a child under the age of consent (17)
- Aggravated sexual assault: If the sexual conduct caused serious bodily injury, was with a person under age 14 or elderly or disabled
From “Not Guilty” to Reduced Sentencing to Treatment
If you are not guilty, it is clear that you need a strong defense to keep your freedom but even if sexual activity did occur, a good sex crimes defense lawyer can have a big impact on the severity of a sentence. Your side of the story needs to be told so the judge and jury understand.
Factors that can affect the sex charge and sentence include:
- The age of the sex offender (juveniles can be charged with sex crimes)
- The age of the “victim” – even if the person willingly consented to sexual activity, if he/she was under 17 years of age, the person is considered a “victim” of a crime
- The relationship of the “victim” and the “perpetrator”
- The number of times there was sexual contact
- The extent of injuries the victim suffered, if any
Avoid Sex Offender Registration
Sex offender registration is a heavy burden and often applied unfairly. We do everything possible to help our clients avoid it. It is a life sentence; not only are the names posted on a public registry but “sex offenders” are barred from coming within 500 feet of any place where children are known to congregate, including public parks. This can make life extremely difficult.
Call for a Free Consultation
The Schneider Law Firm is dedicated to defending your rights and protecting your future. Call 817-755-1852 or email for a free consultation. Put our legal team on your side in court. We accept credit cards and can arrange payment plans.