Focused on Texas Criminal Defense
Trent Marshall joined the firm in January 2013, after serving as Commissioner of the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles. An affirmation to his expertise, Mr. Marshall has been named a “Tarrant County Top Attorney” by Fort Worth Magazine in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019.
Mr. Marshall focuses his law practice on criminal law. A significant portion of his practice is devoted to an area of law that few Texas criminal defense lawyers handle: aiding those seeking parole, and intervening when there has been a parole or probation violation or a problem while on parole or probation.
Mr. Marshall is sensitive to the difficulties families face when a loved one goes to jail or prison. He guides families through the parole process. Families may choose to retain him if they anticipate that a drug or alcohol addiction could result in problems during probation.
Wherever you are in the criminal justice system – whether you’re under investigation, facing criminal charges, or are in prison awaiting a parole board hearing, working with a skillful and experienced criminal defense attorney can make a tremendous difference in your life.
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Areas of Practice
- 60% Probation and Parole
- 40% Criminal Defense
- Texas, 2007
- Texas Wesleyan University School of Law (Texas A & M University School of Law) Fort Worth, Texas
- J.D. – 2007
- Honors: Dean’s List
- Lamar University, Beaumont, Texas
- B.S. summa cum laude – 2002
- Honors: Salutatorian; Dean’s List
Honors and Awards
- Fort Worth Magazine “Top Attorney” – Criminal Law 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, & 2019
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Texas Bar Association
- Tarrant County Bar Association
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Tarrant County Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
Past Employment Positions
- Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles, Commissioner
- Office of The Governor of Texas, Director
Civic Organizations and Community Involvement
- Committee Member, Texas Board of Criminal Justice Advisory Committee on Offenders with Medical and Mental Impairments
- Former Member, State Employee Charitable Campaign Policy Committee
- Former Member, Texas Polygraph Examiners Board
- Volunteer with Burleson Youth Baseball Association
- Phi Delta Phi