Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Emily LaChance was born and raised in Fort Worth, Texas. Emily graduated from UTA with a major in political science and minors in history and Latin, then went on to law school at Texas Wesleyan School of Law (now Texas A&M School of Law).
As a law student, She went out on a limb and applied for an internship with the Tarrant County District Attorneys Office. Emily immediately fell in love with the practice of criminal law and took every opportunity she could to be in and around the criminal courthouse. After graduating Law school, Emily accepted a post-bar internship with the District Attorneys Office and shortly afterwards was hired as an Assistant District Attorney. Emily spent the next 4 years prosecuting in both the misdemeanor and felony divisions. It was during that time Emily began to feel that prosecuting was not where she was best suited and made the decision to take a job at the Schneider Law Firm working as a criminal defense attorney.
Emily LaChance enjoys working with clients to help them reach the best possible solution in their darkest hours. Mrs. LaChance is a skilled litigator with extensive knowledge regarding criminal law in the State of Texas. An affirmation to her expertise, she has been named a “Tarrant County Top Criminal Attorney” by Fort Worth Magazine in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019.
Areas of Practice
- 100% Criminal Law
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Texas, 2007
- Texas Wesleyan University School of Law, Fort Worth, Texas
- J.D. – 2007
- University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington, Texas
- B.A.cum laude – 2004
- Major: Political Science
- Minor: History & Latin
Honors and Awards
- Fort Worth Magazine “Top Attorney” – Criminal Law 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, & 2019
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Tarrant County Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, Member
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Texas A&M School of Law, Board of Alumni
- Junior League of Fort Worth, 2009- Current
Past Employment Positions
- Tarrant County DA’s Office, Assistant DA, 2008 – 2012
- Alpha Chi Omega